Here are the top 10 reasons we need to defeat Chris Christie this November.
10. Chris Christie Vetoed Same-Sex Marriage: With the tide in America turning against bigotry and discrimination, and in one of the most solidly blue states in the country, Christie vetoed a bill sent to him by both houses of the New Jersey legislature that would enshrine marriage equality into law.
9. Chris Christie Is No Friend to Workers: Christie has built himself a reputation as one of the most anti-union governors in the country, referring to public school teachers as “thugs” and supporting a bill that would “destroy collective bargaining.”
8. Chris Christie Doesn’t Believe in Universal Pre-K: Not only does Christie oppose government-funded preschool for every child in his state, he attacked his predecessor’s plan as “simply wrong” and called it “government babysit[ting].”
7. Chris Christie Misuses State Funds: At a cost of $2,500 an hour, Christie used a state helicopter for personal travel. Probably not the use taxpayers had in mind.
6. Chris Christie Supports the Ryan Budget: Paul Ryan’s proposed federal budget would end Medicare as we know it, but Christie joined ultraconservative governors like Texas’s Rick Perry, Mississippi’s Haley Barbour, and Virginia’s Bob McDonnell to tell Ryan that his budget was what “voters clearly asked for.”
5. Chris Christie Vetoed a Hike in the Minimum Wage: Just last month, Christie vetoed a bill passed by the legislature that would raise the minimum wage in New Jersey — a state with the third-highest cost of living in the nation — from $7.25 an hour to $8.50, and index it to the consumer price index so it grows with inflation. Christie proposed a smaller increase, phased in over more time, which would not be indexed.
4. Chris Christie Vetoed Equal Pay Legislation : Christie isn’t shy about much, and that includes the use of his veto pen. He vetoed three of four bills passed by the legislature designed to outlaw pay discrimination against women in the workplace and called them “senseless bureaucracy.”
3. Chris Christie Targeted Poor Families in His Budget: It’s no surprise that Christie is a fan of Paul Ryan’s budget once you look at his own. His budget cut aid for tuition, for a center for abused children, for legal services, and for transitional aid to some of New Jersey’s neediest communities. When asked about the cuts, he said “I don’t care.”
2. Chris Christie Cut Funding to Family Planning Organizations: Christie got out his veto pen again for a budget that would have given $7.5 million to family planning organizations in the state, including Planned Parenthood. He blocked attempts to restore the funding, even using a line-item veto specifically to target women’s health in New Jersey.
1. Chris Christie Is Proudly: Anti-Choice Christie has declared himself against the side of women’s reproductive rights and on the side of those who would deny them, saying “I am pro-life.” We can’t trust Chris Christie, not in New Jersey, and certainly not in the White House. This November may be our best chance to stop his ambitions.
|We’re ready to elect another Democrat as the 45th President of the United States in 2016, and today we’re taking a big step on our path toward doing that.
After much buildup and very careful consideration over which city will host our 2016 Democratic National Convention, I’m pleased to announce that we’ll nominate the next President of the United States in Philadelphia — the City of Brotherly Love.
We’re going to have a great time together come July 2016 in Philadelphia — and many more details are coming soon. But there’s plenty of work for us to do before we reach Philadelphia, and Democrats will need your help to keep the White House blue.
So if you’re committed to electing the Democrat we’ll nominate next July, then add your name here and I’ll make sure you stay in the loop:
Martin Luther King, Jr.:
“I have a dream…to go to war?!”
Watch the Video | Send To A Friend
Video is below …
The Pentagon sank to a new low this week in their attempt to sell the Afghanistan War to the American people. At their Martin Luther King, Jr., Day observance, a Pentagon official actually claimed that if King were alive today, he might support the war.
This is simply not true. http://act.bravenewfilms.org/go/472?akid=1417.1058794.hi707v&t=4 <<<As shown in our new video, Dr. King could not have been more clear in his 1967 speech denouncing the Vietnam War:
“A true revolution of values will lay hand on the world order and say of war, “This way of settling differences is not just. …A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”
More than 10,000 people died in the Afghanistan War last year alone. This year, the government plans to spend $107 billion on the war. We believe that if Dr. King were alive today, he would repeat his admonition to U.S. policymakers on their responsibility:
“I speak as one who loves America…The great initiative in this war is ours; the initiative to stop it must be ours.”
Martin Luther King, Jr., was a national hero who called on us to have the moral courage to stop another war that wasn’t making us safer and that wasn’t worth the cost. Help us fight the Pentagon lies. Spread the truth by sharing this video with your family and friends.
Derrick Crowe, Robert Greenwald
and the Brave New Foundation team
Donate today to help bring an end to this atrocious war that’s not making us any safer. click on link below