Reminders ! posted in 4/2015
Republicans aren’t ashamed or embarrassed. They are so in love with their big ideas to remake America, they introduced them twice.
Once in the House , again in the Senate
- 11 million families, seniors and children will lose food stamps.
- 35,000 children will not get Head Start.
- 133,000 fewer poor families will get housing assistance.
- 2 million fewer workers will receive job training and employment services.
- $1.2 billion will be cut from education. That could fund 4,500 schools and 17,000 teachers. Seniors aren’t exempt from the devastating cuts. The House GOP plan turns Medicare into a “premium support” model that essentially replaces the guarantee of quality healthcare for seniors with a system of coupons. They slash services, including 500,000 fewer rides to doctors and grocery stores.
Campaign for America’s Future has heard these terrible ideas before. We’ve exposed them and helped defeat them.
We can do it again with your help. Can you contribute $10 today to fight the GOP’s dangerous and dishonest efforts to cut food stamps, housing assistance and other vital programs?
This is a fight we undertake together – in 2015, 2016 and beyond
Thank you for your commitment.