45th Anniversary of Earth Day and this year “It’s Our Turn to Lead.” Earth Day is only 30 days away – so join 1 billion people to take action! With Earth Day rapidly approaching, we are reaching out to people like you who are committed to protecting and preserving our planet to help us lead the fight against climate change. We need you to host an event on Earth Day or during Earth Week (April 18-25) to promote awareness of environmental issues and more importantly, to take concrete actions to create a sustainable planet and solve climate change.
Earth Day Network has developed toolkits to help you create change:
1. Government Officials: We call on all government officials to host town halls and Earth Day events to engage constituents and community members in a dialogue about environmental challenges and solutions to those challenges.
2. Universities: University students and activists are one of the most effective vehicles for social action. Host a Climate Communication Forums on your college campuses this year. Students can translate their education and knowledge into tangible action promoting sustainability within their school and larger community.
3. Schools or K-12 Education: We invite educators to participate in Climate Education Week, April 18-25th. Earth Day Network will soon be releasing an easy-to-use, ready-to-go online toolkit on Climate Education that educators can utilize throughout the week.
4. Faith: Faith leaders have been a driving force behind the most important and successful social movements. We encourage all people of faith across the globe to join us on Earth Day this April as we show the world that it’s our turn to lead.
5. Let’s commit 100%: We are calling on cities and municipalities to commit to using 100% renewable energy sources by 2050. Cities and municipalities face difficult challenges such as disaster relief, food and water shortages, and providing clean transportation to residents. Committing to be 100% renewable is fundamental to addressing these challenges.
6. Global Citizen 2015 Earth Day: Marking the 45th anniversary of Earth Day, Earth Day Network and Global Poverty Project present Global Citizen 2015 Earth Day. This comes during a pivotal time to protect the planet and ensure that world leaders end global poverty and solve climate change. Add your voice to 250,000 other leaders and stars on the National Mall, April 18.
With only 30 days until Earth Day, don’t miss your opportunity to make a lasting impact in your community and on our planet. Commit to hosting an Earth Day event and register your event here.
— The Earth Day Network Team