Daily Archives: 12/23/2022
December Daily Holidays and Observances
- December 1: Rosa Parks Day, World AIDS Day, Eat a Red Apple Day, National Pie Day, Giving Tuesday* (Tuesday after Thanksgiving)
- December 2: Special Education Day, National Mutt Day
- December 3: Make a Gift Day, National Roof Over Your Head Day, Let’s Hug Day, National Apple Pie Day
- December 4: Santa’s List Day, National Cookie Day, Wildlife Conservation Day
- December 5: Repeal Day, International Volunteer Day, National Communicate With Your Kids Day
- December 6: Mitten Tree Day, National Microwave Oven Day, Coats & Toys for Kids Day* (first Saturday), National Gazpacho Day
- December 7: National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, Letter Writing Day, International Civil Aviation Day, National Cotton Candy Day, Walt Disney Day* (first Monday)
- December 8: Pretend to Be a Time Traveler Day, National Brownie Day, National Christmas Tree Day
- December 9: Christmas Card Day, National Pastry Day
- December 10: Human Rights Day, Nobel Prize Day, First Night of Hanukkah* (varies, sometimes in November), Dewey Decimal System Day, National Lager Day
- December 11: First Day of Hanukkah* (varies, sometimes in November), National App Day
- December 12: National Poinsettia Day, Gingerbread House Day, National Ding-a-Ling Day
- December 13: National Violin Day, Ice Cream Day, International Children’s Day* (second Sunday), National Horse Day, World Choral Day* (second Sunday), National Cocoa Day
- December 14: Roast Chestnuts Day
- December 15: Bill of Rights Day, National Cupcake Day, International Tea Day
- December 16: Boston Tea Party Day, National Chocolate Covered Anything Day
- December 17: Wright Brothers’ First Flight Anniversary, National Maple Syrup Day
- December 18: Bake Cookies Day, National Twin Day, National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day* (third Friday)
- December 19: Look for an Evergreen Day, National Oatmeal Muffin Day, Holly Day
- December 20: Go Caroling Day, Games Day, National Sangria Day, National Wreaths Across America Day* (third Saturday)
- December 21: First Day of Winter/Winter Solstice* (date varies), Crossword Puzzle Day, Humbug Day, Look on the Bright Side Day, National Flashlight Day, National Hamburger Day, Forefathers’ Day, Don’t Make Your Bed Day* (first day of Winter), National Short Story Day* (first day of Winter)
- December 22: National Date Nut Bread Day
- December 23: Festivus, National Roots Day, National Pfeffernüsse Day
- December 24: Christmas Eve, National Egg Nog Day, National Chocolate Candy Day
- December 25: Christmas Day, National Pumpkin Pie Day
- December 26: National Whiners Day, Boxing Day, National Candy Cane Day
- December 27: National Fruitcake Day, Make Cut-Out Snowflakes Day
- December 28: National Card Playing Day
- December 29: Tick Tock Day
- December 30: Bacon Day
- December 31: New Year’s Eve, Make Up Your Mind Day
CHIP IN TO POWER THE FIGHT FOR PHONE JUSTICE!
On December 21, the U.S. Senate passed the Martha Wright-Reed Just and Reasonable Communications Act of 2022 and, the following day the measure passed the U.S. House of Representatives. This is a big deal.
Color Of Change has been advocating for years on behalf of Black families who are trying to stay connected with incarcerated loved ones. Passage of this bill is a step in the right direction.
But our work is not over. We will continue the fight on both the federal and state level to increase communication accessibility for families who want to stay connected with those on the inside. Can you chip in to fuel the fight?
12/23 – National Roots Day
Gale – Warning for Washington and Oregon
From Thu, Dec 22, 7:00 PM PST To Fri, Dec 23, 2:45 AM PST
Washington and Oregon waters- Inner waters from 60 nm to 150 nm offshore. Outer waters from 150 nm to 250 nm offshore. Seas given as significant wave height, which is the average height of the highest 1/3 of the waves. Individual waves may be more than twice the significant wave height.
-Tonight: SE winds 30 to 40 kt. Seas 9 to 15 ft.
-Fri: E to SE winds 20 to 30 kt. Seas 11 to 15 ft. Chance of rain.
-Fri Night: S winds 15 to 25 kt. Seas 10 to 11 ft. Chance of rain.
-Sat: S to SW winds 25 to 30 kt. Seas 10 to 15 ft. Chance of rain.
-Sat Night: SW winds 15 to 25 kt, becoming S 15 to 20 kt. Seas 13 to 16 ft.
-Sun: SE winds 15 to 20 kt, becoming S to SE 20 to 30 kt. Seas 13 to 19 ft.
-Sun Night: S winds 20 to 30 kt. Seas 15 to 19 ft.
-Mon: S to SW winds 15 to 25 kt. Seas 18 to 21 ft.
-Mon Night: S to SE winds 20 to 30 kt. Seas 17 to 18 ft.
-Tue: S to SW winds 20 to 30 kt. Seas 16 to 18 ft.
-Tue Night: SW winds 20 to 30 kt. Seas 16 to 22 ft.
NWS NWS Ocean Prediction Center
You must be logged in to post a comment.