The Senate stands adjourned until 2:00pm on Sunday, July 26, 2015.
Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of H.R.22, the legislative vehicle for the Highway bill.
The filing deadline for all first degree amendments to the substitute amendment #2266, as modified, and the underlying bill is set for 2:30pm on Sunday. The filing deadline for second degree amendments to the Ex-Im reauthorization amendment #2327 is also set for 2:30pm.
3:00pm Sunday—3 roll call votes expected:
- Cloture on McConnell amendment #2328 (ACA repeal), if cloture is not invoked, then
- Cloture on Kirk amendment #2327 (Ex-Im reauthorization), if cloture is invoked, then
- Cruz appeal of the chair: Shall the ruling of the chair stand as the decision of the Senate?
Pending Amendments to H.R.22, the legislative vehicle for the Highway bill
McConnell amendment #2266, as modified (highway substitute)
McConnell for Kirk first degree amendment # 2327 (Ex-Im reauthorization)
McConnell second degree amendment # 2328 to SA #2327 (repeal the Affordable Care Act)
McConnell first degree amendment to underlying bill #2329 (2 month surface transportation extension)
Wrap Up for Sunday, July 26, 2015
Roll Call Votes
- Cloture on McConnell amendment #2328 (ACA repeal); not invoked: 49-43.
- Cloture on Kirk amendment #2327 (Ex-Im reauthorization); invoked: 67-26.
Voice vote on Cruz appeal of the chair: Shall the ruling of the chair stand as the decision of the Senate; rule stands by voice vote.
Completed the Rule 14 process to place on the Legislative Calendar of Business S.1861, prohibit Federal funding of Planned Parenthood (Paul).
No Executive BusinessW
Last Floor Action:
6:19:19 P.M. – The House adjourned pursuant to a previous special order.
The next meeting is scheduled for 12:00 p.m. on July 27, 2015.