Log in or sign up for Daily Kos. There is nowhere else you can write a blog post with a good chance to be read by tens of thousands of dedicated progressive activists.
|P.S. Please help keep Daily Kos strong by chipping in $3.|
His story began like many others who come to this country seeking a better life while giving back to their communities. Some do it through public service jobs and volunteerism, others in our churches and community centers.
He chose to do it through military service, but he lacked citizenship when he made his Final Journey home — despite the fact his sacrifice for our nation was just as enduring as those born here.
My war experiences give me a perspective on this issue that very few others have. While in command of U.S. operations in Kosovo and Iraq, I learned the importance of controlling the borders — it was literally a life and death issue.
The bill that passed the Senate is a fair mix of proposals to secure our borders while providing immigrants an opportunity to give back to this great nation they already call home.
All the best,
The next Fed chair will have enormous power and influence over our economy and financial system. That’s why Sens. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren teamed up to write four must-answer questions for the next Fed chair nominee—whoever it may be.
Please join Daily Kos, Sen. Bernie Sanders, and Democracy for America to demand answers from the next Fed chair on these four vitally important questions.
Here are the four must-answer questions that Sanders and Warren came up with:
- Question 1: Do you believe that the Fed’s top priority should be to fulfill its full employment mandate?
- Question 2: If you were to be confirmed as chair of the Fed, would you work to break up “too-big-to-fail” financial institutions so that they could no longer pose a catastrophic risk to the economy?
- Question 3: Do you believe that the deregulation of Wall Street, including the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act and exempting derivatives from regulation, significantly contributed to the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression?
- Question 4: What would you do to divert the $2 trillion in excess reserves that financial institutions have parked at the Fed into more productive purposes, such as helping small- and medium-sized businesses create jobs?
We need answers to these questions to make sure that we have a Fed chair that isn’t just another Wall Street puppet.
Sign the petition: Demand answers to these four vitally important questions.
Keep fighting, Michael Langenmayr Campaign Director, Daily Kos
Mitch McConnell staged 420 filibusters since he became Minority Leader in 2007. It’s the highest rate of obstruction in history – but a badge of honor for McConnell, who once declared himself the “proud guardian of gridlock.”
After nearly three decades in Washington, McConnell is the embodiment of political dysfunction. He used partisan gridlock to kill job growth, stop aid to small businesses, hurt women’s ability to gain equal pay for equal work, and cut benefits for seniors and veterans.
America needs senators who put the real issues first. Progress can’t wait another day.
Campaign Director, Daily Kos
- Good news from the Trayvon Martin tragedy, by Horace Boothroyd III
- Elizabeth Warren reduces CNBC “Squawk Box” team to rubble, by Upper West
- Black shooter of white victim in Florida claimed ‘Stand Your Ground,’ still arrested & tried, by vyan
- Viral Daily Kos Facebook meme thanks to Bill Maher: How could anyone in their right mind vote for some of these clowns?
- Man arrested for having a stroke while black, left to die on jail floor, by Kristina4
- There’s one sequester cut Marco Rubio is sad about, and it’s not Meals on Wheels or Head Start, by Laura Clawson
- John Oliver BLASTS Zimmerman verdict, by BruinKid
- The GOP pickup artist’s guide to seducing female voters, by Tom Tomorrow
- A letter from Marissa Alexander – the battered woman serving 20 years for firing a warning shot, by Leslie Salzillo
- Why Isn’t NRA arguing Trayvon Martin tragedy could have been averted if only he had a gun?, by David Harris Gershon
Create Daily Kos content of your own by clicking here and signing up (link won’t work if you are signed into Daily Kos).
Keep fighting, Sarah Burris, Daily Kos