I said we would get big things done this legislative session, and we did!
After six months — over two months longer than originally planned — we addressed some of the biggest issues facing our state and won:
- $1.3 billion in additional funding for our K-12 system
- A historic investment in early-childhood education and funding for all-day kindergarten
- $16 billion in crucial infrastructure funding through a transportation package
- Investments in our state parks
- The first cost of living adjustment for teachers since 2008
The Governor’s office was essential to producing this equitable budget and now more than ever, with a divided legislature, the Republicans understand the importance of who is Governor of our state.
Now our campaign has to make up for lost time. We just got out of a seven-month fundraising freeze. We have six months to go before the legislature resumes again. And we have one declared opponent with others looking to get into the race.
We need to make up for lost time. That’s why I’m kicking off our first week-long fundraising drive TODAY with a goal of $50,000 by July 17. Will you contribute today?