So, Washington jaime Herrera Beutler(R) is running against DEM Carolyn Long, and yes as a DEM the need to compare contrast the two candidates is needed …mostly just a reminder: rep beutler(R) on this issues and as per usual she is against funding abortion apparently in any form so that is a red flag so to speak for Women who are raped or not ready or who believe their bodies belong to them, I guess among other things she is a pro-lifer – anyway, check out her voting record
- Herrera opposes the CC survey question on funding abortion
The Christian Coalition voter guide [is] one of the most powerful tools Christians have ever had to impact our society during elections. This simple tool has helped educate tens of millions of citizens across this nation as to where candidates for public office stand on key faith and family issues. Beutler, considers herself pro-life
- Voted YES on terminating the Home Affordable mortgage Program. (Mar 2011)
- Voted YES on workforce training by state block grants & industry partners. (2013)
- Opposes same-sex marriage. (Nov 2010)
- “Increasingly, the rights and interests of law enforcement officers have been the subject of legislative, executive, and judicial action in the nation’s capital. NAPO works to influence the course of national affairs where law enforcement interests are concerned. Rated 85% by NATO
- Healthcare …
- Control costs by cross-state insurance and tort reform. (Nov 2010)
Voted YES on the Ryan Budget: Medicare choice, tax & spending cuts. (Apr 2011)
Voted YES on repealing the “Prevention and Public Health” slush fund. (Apr 2011)
Opposes government-run healthcare. (Aug 2010)
Repeal any federal health care takeover. (Jul 2010)
Religious exemption from ObamaCare individual mandate. (Jan 2015)
Medical lawsuit reform: We should cap the amount awarded for frivolous junk lawsuits. When excessive monetary awards are given in such lawsuits, we all pay higher prices. What’s a junk healthcare lawsuit?
- Secure our borders; oppose amnesty. (Nov 2010)
- Make English the official language of the United States, and learning English a necessary requirement for U.S. citizenship.
- Making sure border agents aren’t prosecuted for doing their jobs effectively.
- Create a better accountability system for those who enter legally but then circumvent the system to remain here illegally … Is that code for papers please?
- I will do everything in my power to strengthen our existing border control operations in order to get our borders under control. I do not support amnesty for illegal immigrants, and I do not believe we can seriously discuss what to do with the people already here illegally until we’ve stemmed the flow of people crossing into our country illegally every day. It is our responsibility to protect social service safety nets and jobs for legal, taxpaying citizens and residents.
Jobs Energy Economy …
- We know that big-spending government programs, bailouts, federal regulations and new taxes haven’t helped. I have worked to strategic and responsible initiatives. What? how does she think the US recovered?
- Member of the Tea Party movement.
- Voted YES on terminating funding for National Public Radio.
- Voted YES on barring EPA from regulating greenhouse gases.
- Voted YES on opening Outer Continental Shelf to oil drilling.
- National cross-state standard for concealed carry.
- Opposes restrictions on the right to bear arms.
- Loosen restrictions on interstate gun purchases.
- Allow veterans to register unlicensed guns acquired abroad. … oh she’s kidding right?
for more info go to ontheissues.org or her own website