2 years and no answers.. Help get Jaxon Justice – Help Jaxon’s Parents Get Answers

Two years ago this week, my son Jaxon went on a blind date – and never came home. I can’t begin to describe how it feels to experience a mother’s worst fear, as it is a nightmare that will never end. The police closed Jaxon’s case in spite of several concerning and conflicting details. We still don’t know the truth about what happened to our son. 

That awful night we texted Jaxon at 11 pm and he responded that he would come home. But the next morning, on March 2, 2020, our vibrant, hardworking, gay, Asian American son was found naked and dead in the bed of a 41-year-old white male who he did not know. The San Francisco Medical Examiner conducted the autopsy and, without any substantive investigation, declared Jaxon’s death an accidental drug overdose from GHB, also commonly known as the date-rape drug. The Assistant Medical Examiner justified the lack of investigation by saying only, “the gay community uses GHB.” If Jaxon was heterosexual, both the SFPD and the SF OCME would have fully investigated the circumstances of our son’s death.

Your help is needed to get justice. Sign our petition to demand that the San Francisco Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (SF OCME) and the San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) reopen Jaxon’s case

We have so many open questions related to his death. The 41-year-old white man, in whose bed Jaxon died, stated that he and Jaxon went to bed at 2 am and he heard Jaxon snoring at 6:30 am. But he only called 911 an hour later after he claimed to have showered and cleaned his apartment first. If Jaxon was given GHB right before he went to bed, why would an overdose have taken five hours to kill him? While Jaxon was dying from a GHB overdose, why did that person take so long to call 911? Why were no other witnesses questioned? 

We’ve also been directly told that there was a report of another (non-fatal) overdose at that man’s apartment in the week prior to Jaxon’s. Why hasn’t that overdose victim been questioned? 

We’ve spent the last two years devastated, paralyzed, and grieving Jaxon’s death and repeatedly asking for answers to our questions. We want the truth about what happened to Jaxon that night and why he never came home.

Our 20-year-old son’s death deserves the same investigation given to any human being, regardless of gender, ethnicity or sexual orientation. 

Sincerely, Angie Aquino-Sales