|Thanks for your quick response,
|Democratic Conservation Alliance
- Trump worked with outside conservatives to purge the State Department. Documents obtained by Reps. Elijah Cummings and Eliot Engel indicate that the White House and State Department worked together with outside conservatives like Newt Gingrich to drive career civil service officials out of the government. This ideological purge has contributed to our diplomatic corps being drained of the expertise it needs to manage the Trump Threat Level.
- The Iran Deal is in trouble. Trump’s new Secretary of State choice, Mike Pompeo, is a known war hawk and opponent of diplomacy with Iran. With reports that Trump is itching to pull out of the Iran nuclear deal, placing Pompeo at the helm of State could help the administration bring us closer to war with Iran.
- Trump nominated a torturer to lead the CIA. Trump’s pick to head the CIA, Gina Haspel, is a war criminal. She ran the CIA’s “black site” in Thailand, where detainees were secretly held and tortured. She also helped destroy the video evidence. She is unfit to lead the CIA at the best of times, but with Trump in charge she poses even more of a threat.
- End Trump’s illegal war in Yemen: support S.J. Res. 54. This bipartisan resolution is a rare opportunity for Congress to take back its constitutional war making authority, and declare Trump’s war in Yemen unauthorized. The Senate will vote Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. You can review our resource for more information about the situation in Yemen and use our call script to call both your senators
Visit trumpthreatlevel.indivisible.org for a running list of all the ways Trump makes us less safe and our latest foreign policy resources.
This morning, reproductive justice advocates braved the cold and rain outside the U.S. Supreme Court in order to stand up for truth and reproductive freedom as oral arguments began in NIFLA v. Becerra. In this case, the National Institute of Family and Life Advocates (NIFLA) is trying to defend anti-abortion counseling centers from a California law that makes it harder for them to deceive pregnant people to delay or discourage them from potentially seeking abortions. We’ve weighed in on this case in support of California’s Freedom, Accountability, Comprehensive Care, and Transparency (FACT) Act, because states have every right to protect their residents from fake clinics run by extremists who try to trick people into making high-stakes medical decisions that may not be right for them.
- This Saturday, we’ll be joining the student-led March For Our Lives, a nationwide demonstration in support of common-sense gun reform. Find a March near you.
- Betsy DeVos, who is actively undermining student safety by rolling back civil rights protections for girls and marginalized students facing harassment and violence in school, is the very last person who should lead a school safety commission. Likewise, bringing more guns and police into schools will only make them more dangerous. Tell the White House to abandon its sham “school safety commission.”
- Next Tuesday, we’re taking your messages directly to the Trump-Pence Administration to demand the Department of Health and Human Services put patients first and stop promoting discrimination in health care under the guise of “religious freedom.” Be sure to get your comments in ASAP if you haven’t yet!
We the Resistance is our fight to protect our rights and freedoms and to defend the most vulnerable among us through powerful collective action. Every conversation you have with a loved one about the issues important to you, every call you make to Congress, every rally you attend is a part of that resistance. Join us — sign on to the We The Resistance manifesto.